Sunday, August 16, 2009

Pham Ngu Lao Bars

Allez Boo

Closed!

Go2 Bar

Address
- De Tham 187
- Corner of De Tham & Bui Vien

This extremely popular corner bar features a few freelancers at night. Backpackers hit on the girls, and are often surprised they carry a price tag. Maybe those naive backpacker types think the girls like handsome young foreigners. Go to Thailand, dudes! Vietnamese girls only like money!

BTW, be sure to check your bill and make sure you get your change. The waiters are crooks!

Guns ‘n Roses

Location
- Pham Ngu Lao
- Just around the corner from De Tham

Guns ‘n Roses is supposed to be a late night place to meet freelancers, but it was deserted every time I walked past. Guess I was never late enough...

Li Li Bar

Location
- Bui Vien

Li Li is a Hai Ba Trung-style hostess bar. The selection was a notch below the better Hai Ba Trung bars, but the good news is that My started French kissing me when I bought her a drink...

Rivev’s

Location
- Bui Vien

This small hostess bar only had 4 girls when I peeked inside. None of them were pretty.

Seventeen Saloon

Location
-103A Phạm Ngũ Lão, Q1, TP.HCM

Cool western themed bar with live music and lots of cute hostesses. Pricey but good english music. Performers will come over and sing with you if they like you. Can request songs if you like. Quite easy to ask hostesses to hang out with you







Other Bars

Some of the other bars on De Tham St occasionally offer freelancers. I was approached by a few girls, but none of them tickled my fancy.

No comments:

Post a Comment